Advertising on Ship Comrade
Advertisements for non-beneficial and/or non-related websites, businesses and/or organizations are not allowed on Ship Comrade.
If you wish to advertise the website of yourself or someone else that has a relevant theme (for example, World of Warships in the WoWs sections), we would appreciate it if you ask permission first.
Send a private message to any of our moderators or website admins before making a thread. Also, we do not allow more than one thread per advertisement. We reserve the right to refuse advertisements for any reason whatsoever.
Circumventing a ban or suspension
Subjects/content not allowed on Ship Comrade
The following topics are not to be discussed on Ship Comrade on penalty of ban.
· Gold-selling/Account selling or trading websites
· Buying or selling of items in-game or in real life
· Keyloggers, hoaxes/phishing websites
· Activities considered illegal by Wargaming.net (botting, hacking, cheating, exploiting,...)
· Religious opionions/debates
· Hateful language about race, religion, country (Example: US vs. EU threads), political beliefs, etc.
· Content that is considered illegal by law
· Referral links for contests, promotions, or anything else
· Do not bump threads
· Use the search function before creating a new thread
· Choose a suitable and clear subject line for your thread, no one-word subjects
· Limit the usage of CAPS (capital letters), color, and special fonts
· Do not use ASCII code symbols or Unicode symbols
· Contribute in a constructive way
· Do not quote entire posts, only quote parts you wish to elaborate on. The quote button is not a reply button.
· Not everything belongs under "General Discussion", try to find the best suited section for your thread.
· Only post in English. As English is not everyone's native language, we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police.
· Intentional poor writing, spelling or 1337sp33k will only get your post/topic deleted.
· Format your post (aka no "Wall of text"); paragraphs make reading a big post a lot easier.
Ship Comrade is a World of Warships community
Keep in mind that Ship Comrade is primarily a World of Warships related community, ensure that your posts/threads in the World of Warships sections are World of Warships related. Off-topic posts are only allowed in their respective forums:
· General Off Topics
· Computer Setups
Please see the rules threads in each off-topic forum for posting guidelines.
Real life personal information about yourself or anyone else should also not be posted on Ship Comrade.
We strongly suggest to never post your e-mail address on the forums, even if you deform it well enough to be picked up by bots. If you want people to contact you, we suggest you use the private message system.
Respect your fellow members
Keep in mind that even though you are sitting behind your computer, you are still having a conversation with a human being.
We do not want to see: Racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, harassment, grammar policing.
· Maximum amount of images, quotes and text in your signature: As much as you can fit within the other rules.
· Maximum signature width: 500px total. If you have a 250px image and a 300px image side by side, that would be violating this rule.
· Maximum signature height: 100px total. If you have a 75px image and a 50px image one below the other, that would be violating this rule.
· Maximum signature filesize: 50kB total. If you have multiple images then the filesize is added between them. Smilies also count.
Maximum avatar filesize: 20kB.
Restricted file types in signature/avatar: None. You can have it animated if you must, but be sure that it meets the other rules (More importantly filesize).
Avatars and signatures are subject to the same rules as posts and threads. They should not shock, offend or in any other way break our rules.
personal blog or website is acceptable under most circumstances; however, advertisement banners are not allowed. If you're not sure if something is allowed, please send a PM to any moderator or admin.
Neither spamming or trolling is acceptable on the forums. This includes, but is not limited to, the following examples: