US DD 0.5.1 Changes

GiantKiwi

US DD 0.5.1 Changes

Postby GiantKiwi » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:11 am

So now that the 0.5.1 update has been out for a few days, how are you faring with USN DD's compared to before the patch?

Personally noticing that certain ships are definitely much improved (Farragut, Mahan, Fletcher) but then others are still as equally mediocre as in the previous patch iteration (Clemson/Sims looking at you).

The buff to torp range doesn't really feel that great because of the fairly substantial speed reduction, which is making it even more frustrating to use against faster targets as the assisted aim tooltips don't appear to have been corrected to compensate for the longer times to target.
Istvan56
ShipComrade Staff

Re: US DD 0.5.1 Changes

Postby Istvan56 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:54 pm

I like the changes that the Sims got in 0.5.0 and figured they were a good thing to be applied to the lackluster Tier VI-VII US DD's. But I don't have any of those changed DD's which is why I hadn't posted here till now. Comparing the US DD's to the Russian DD's, I'm thinking the USN comes out on top still. They are more all-around useful where as IJN DD's are pure torpedo boats and VMF DD's are pure gunboats, except for the Gremyashchy.
Mameddoks

View the latest post

Postby Mameddoks » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Now that I finished using the Alpha Zero trick on all my ships, you mean?

new images in the OP

Return to “American”