BURN_Miner's Storm Stryker

Fun Stuff
BURN_Miner

BURN_Miner's Storm Stryker

Postby BURN_Miner » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Hello all, this is probably my 5th or 6th personal build, though I have built 3 others for friends. However, this was pretty much a no limit Computer. When I say no limit, I don't mean in the literal sense, but the wife said "don't worry about what it cost, just get it" (how nice right?), but still though, the cost of it stung with each pick up of the parts.

While I didn't use a parts builder, heck I didn't even know they existed until afterwards to be honest, I did a lot of research into compatibility, benefits with regards to air vs. liquid cooling, "future proofing", power usage - even down to the Bronze/Gold/Platinum standards etc. as well as warranties. This was pretty much a full time job for a little bit as I was going to be spending a lot of money on it for the first time in my life and didn't want to screw it up. lol

With that, it may not be too special to some, but to me, she's pretty beasty and left plenty of room to grow.

OS: Windows 10 Pro - Some are against it Win 10 all together. Personally I was too until I actually dug into it and not just the surface. I like it a lot more than 7 and especially 8.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k 4.0 Quad-Core 8mb cache (Skylake)

Heat Sink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

MoBo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7 (MS-7976)

Memory: Corsair 32gb DDR4*running at 2133 atm* **expandable to 64gb**

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti

PSU: Thermaltake *Grand Gold* 1200W

Storage: Crucial 500gb SSD "Primary" WD 1TB Storage

Case: Cooler Master Storm Styker. Adaptable to either liquid or conventional air cooling. Decided to keep it air cooled as with extensive research concluded that liquid provided no real gains and the risk was too great vs. the reward. 200mm exhaust fan on top, 140mm rear exhaust fan, dual 120's front intakes *came stock on side - depends on if you want to be able to hot swap your storage* with the ability to add more fans keeps the case cool enough with the air flow. Downside is the weight, stock weight before any computer components was about 30lbs.

Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

UPS: Cyber Power 1500VA Love this thing. Digital display and everything.

Keyboard/Mouse: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 / Death Adder Chroma

Pics below: Sorry if they are too big, tried to cut/crop them a bit. Total cost of the PC was around $2,400, but with the monitor it pushed it up to just over $2,700. That was with a few bargains on some of the prices. I did shop at a store rather than NewEgg as I wanted to be able to go in and exchange in person as well as better warranty options.

Anyway, here she is.

WesleyfuhPP

BURN_Miners Storm Stryker

Postby WesleyfuhPP » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:39 pm

Very odd. If you shutdown the computer and reboot does the ghosting go away or is it still there?
BURN_Miner

Re: BURN_Miner's Storm Stryker

Postby BURN_Miner » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:47 pm

What ghosting are you referring to? If it's the frame rate stuttering from Patch 5.7 and 5.9, those issues were resolved through an in game patch as there were confirmed memory leaks within the WoWS game client. WG's CS Dept. didn't know how they sprung up as they would come and go, but there were a select few of us with mid to higher end machines that were getting the issue with these two patches (the patches were optimization patches aimed at loading times as well as audio and visual smoothness for lower to low/mid machines).

If I'm off base with the ghosting issue you're talking about, please correct me.

Return to “Computer Setups”