USS Marblehead, PAX reward ship, the most famous of all Omaha-Class Cruisers

Istvan56
ShipComrade Staff

USS Marblehead, PAX reward ship, the most famous of all Omaha-Class Cruisers

Postby Istvan56 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:39 am

The USS Marblehead, a Tier V premium ship was a contest prize for PAX Prime 2015 weekend. Premium Marblehead is the 1942 version of ship, as she was during her famous brush with death.

Sometimes you find an interesting tale told by another good writer and rather than retell it, you have to give the guy full credit and say "read his story." Such is the tale of the USS Marblehead, CL-12, the most famous of the Omaha-class light cruisers. As I mentioned in my post on the USS Stewart, DD-224, the Marblehead was attacked by Japanese bombers, likely Betties, in early 1942 when a makeshift ADBA task force attempted to intercept a rumored Japanese invasion convoy in the Makassar Strait. But rather than tell the tale myself, please follow the link and read Larry Nielsen's version published in Marblehead Magazine.

U.S.S. MARBLEHEAD Escape from the Jaws of Death
Istvan56
ShipComrade Staff

Re: USS Marblehead, PAX reward ship, the most famous of all Omaha-Class Cruisers

Postby Istvan56 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:15 am

I was one of many who won the Marblehead in the PAX contest. I've had great fun with it tonight. Thanks to WoWs Devs and staff, especially to NyxWGA and AlsoRobots who help tabulate the results of the MARBLEHEADPAX contest.

Return to “Other Game Titles”