Turret Traverse or Dispersion upgrade?

Come hang out & shoot the breeze!
Steelcast27

Turret Traverse or Dispersion upgrade?

Postby Steelcast27 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:07 am

Obviously this question depends on whether your turrets can track a target when you are at a full turn already but is it beneficial to still get the Traverse upgrade over the Dispersion upgrade?

Example, the Mogami and its 203s. The turrets track a target with just the captain skill, but im on the fence as to whether to keep the Traverse mod which allows some over tracking or save about 9m in dispersion.

In my mind the dispersion upgrade will help every time you fire, whereas the traverse upgrade will only help when switching targets. Then again, high tier cruisers are constantly turning and switching targets.

If anyone has any definative arguements either way, Id love to hear.
For in depth Ship Reviews, History & some Fun feel free to check out my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/c/Steelcast27-GamingNetwork
You can also find me on Twich @ Steelcast27
"When in doubt, go guns hot!!"
BURN_Miner

Re: Turret Traverse or Dispersion upgrade?

Postby BURN_Miner » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:53 pm

steelreserv wrote:Obviously this question depends on whether your turrets can track a target when you are at a full turn already but is it beneficial to still get the Traverse upgrade over the Dispersion upgrade?

Example, the Mogami and its 203s. The turrets track a target with just the captain skill, but im on the fence as to whether to keep the Traverse mod which allows some over tracking or save about 9m in dispersion.

In my mind the dispersion upgrade will help every time you fire, whereas the traverse upgrade will only help when switching targets. Then again, high tier cruisers are constantly turning and switching targets.

If anyone has any definative arguements either way, Id love to hear.

I've been using the -7% on my Atago since I bought it (long time ago). Never did like the idea of a longer load time for my main battery vs. the traverse time. Using the hack "WASD" to help with the traverse, though it never has seemed to be a issue that I've noticed. May want to switch them out and give it a shot (pun intended).

o7 sir and try not to sink me so fast next time. You and your fellows from The Taste seem to liquefy me every time I'm in game against you. :P
Steelcast27

Re: Turret Traverse or Dispersion upgrade?

Postby Steelcast27 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Ok. I think ill go for the dispersion. The turrets do overtrack, which is useless.

Your team didnt help you much. 1 spotted minekaze vs 3 kirovs...lol
For in depth Ship Reviews, History & some Fun feel free to check out my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/c/Steelcast27-GamingNetwork
You can also find me on Twich @ Steelcast27
"When in doubt, go guns hot!!"

Return to “General Discussion”