team players?

Come hang out & shoot the breeze!
Steelcast27

Re: team players?

Postby Steelcast27 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:04 am

xxooss wrote:I am so glad this topic was brought up...It is so bad I have friends who have gotten so frustrated they stopped playing.

Let me st the stage b4 I hop on my soapbox...

I am a 54 year old male and before you young'us start in with the LOL an old man OMG lame noob etc...

I was playing computer games b4 most of you were born so lighten up Francis. I was also on the internet when it was first born so I got that going for me.

I have been playing this game for a few months now and I have several tier 8 boats and everything in between. Yes I have spent money and yes I have bought and paid for ships from the website...whats your point. When I go into battle in my New Mexico I am not expecting to have to cap 3 bases. When I play it seems tthat nobody understands that this is a team oriented game...there are tactics yes but there are also basic things you do i,e, capture a base if you can. I see everyone going to kill the CV and we have no caps...wtf? Yes I have lost my temper and yelled and screamed but it's just wasted energy. Here is my take on things. First off coop battles have gotten a bad name as being for noobs and idiots. News flash guys...THERE ARE OTHER REAL PEOPLE WHO PLAY THIS GAME AND THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT COMPUTER THAN YOU DO. I mean really? You are going to take time to type out an insult about the way a complete stranger is hitting different keys on his keyboard than you are? Ok but why? Just because its different does not mean its a bad game mode. I liken it to a fireteam match. I like them. Team battles are only for the elite upper management of the internet warship club...any player who does not play the way we do is an idiot merc who is so crappy he cant even get in a guild. Ok everyone who has NEVER tried to go into a team battle alone step forward..........crickets. I have started typing this in b4 everybattle...

"FYI...you will get more XP and credits if you capture a base."

Works about 70% of the time. I get about 1 thank you to every 5 stfu moron replys. At least I try.
This has turned into a longer post than I thought it would so I will just leave it here for your reading pleasure.

fakeedit1: Please if you reply be nice. I am also a disabled person and am totally blind in my left eye so b4 you shout at me about not getting any better by playing coops please remember that I am limited to what I can do. I was playing MOH long b4 you were and used to be an ace. I play to have fun and really dont care about KDR at all...life changes you the longer you live it.

Peace

xxooss

<o xxooss

Just a few thoughts to share on your post. Yeah, this game has its frustrating moments for sure. Everyone has those matches where your team seems to *want* to lose, even when winning is within reach. Try not to focus on tactics so much though or you will drive yourself insane. Not necessarily because proper tactics aren't useful, quite the contrary, but because in this game you have 12 teammates with 12 different mindsets on how to win. Expressing *your* thoughts in chat to you may sound helpful or enlightening, but I know some of the top players on the NA server and they get the same response as everyone else: "stfu" lol. So don't take it personal. Focus on what you *can* influence. Staying alive. Focusing fire. Doing more damage. Winning sectors of the map with your friends and moving to the next one. You'll come out on the winning side more often than not.
For in depth Ship Reviews, History & some Fun feel free to check out my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/c/Steelcast27-GamingNetwork
You can also find me on Twich @ Steelcast27
"When in doubt, go guns hot!!"
TopDawg
Community Member

Postby TopDawg » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:46 am

to true steel.....
Master_Chief69

Postby Master_Chief69 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:11 am

What I have found as of late is there are a lot of people who don't understand the strengths and weaknesses of the ship they are playing or the game mechanics overall. Prime example of this is BB captains especially of the US and German Variety sitting in the back and trying to snipe by and large being ineffective. And the NA server at least becoming more and more toxic in the respect of trash talking. I can't blame some of the newer players in a way.. I'm a big advocate for team play but put yourself in their shoes. Why would you want to work with players who constantly trash talk.. Instead use that energy into helping your fellow captain. You will find players being more receptive to at least trying out what your suggesting in chat.. Just my two cents.

Return to “General Discussion”