team players?

Come hang out & shoot the breeze!
TopDawg
Community Member

team players?

Postby TopDawg » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:55 am

is it me or are players getting less team orientated and being selfish?

Had loads of matches today where my team ran off at the merest hint of an enemy ship leaving me on my own or simply sailed en masse to 1 of 4 points and left the other 3 to be captured and then wondered why we lost?

Discuss......
bjens

Re: team players?

Postby bjens » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:51 am

I often have this happening to me, but I have to admit I'm sometimes a bit too agressive. I play mostly ranked these days and after I heroicly sacrifice myself I often see a teammate battleship/cruiser who take a slightly different path than me, and do a bit better at both surviving and actually having a impact on the game. Although I do get sort of high up on the final score still...

Anyway, I think sniping sadly is a big part of the gameplay for alot of people. I have to admit I hate ending up on teams with high tier IJN battleships because 9 out of 10 times then I know it will be a extreme range sniper.
TopDawg
Community Member

Postby TopDawg » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:45 pm

yes I do the same I will and have sacrificed for the good of the team some times it worked other times they ignored my sacrifice.

When I started I played BB all the time now i am playing the hell out of Cruisers and DD. I am also trying CV in the co op mode to get experience without hurting players too much. I think training rooms are a must to get to grips with tactics ship types.

Still enjoying it a lot, but occasionally get frustrated when the do the Death Steamer (aka death train from WoT.....)
bjens

Postby bjens » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:20 am

Yea, I mostly played cruisers too but always kept up sort of on the BB line, now though I think it's more fun to play BB exclusively and at this point... I'm too afraid to turn back! :P

But, I see there are pros and cons with this for sure. Especially in ranked game it's sort of expected the one or two BBs which usually are assigned to each team is expected to carry a bit more than in random games. At least on soaking up damage. This is what I often end up doing but like I wrote before, it is rarely with the assistance from other ships at the same time. They will usually still do the normal random game loops around island and around caps rather than capping.

A few times in hindsight I see this might have been a good plan for me as well, on the other hand though... generally I think people are a bit too afraid of getting a few dents in their armor :)
TopDawg
Community Member

Postby TopDawg » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:39 am

generally I think people are a bit too afraid of getting a few dents in their armor :)

too true.....

Nephysis

Postby Nephysis » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:09 pm

What I think is going on is a lack of clear direction or communication. Go to A or C doesn't always do the job. Even with a few people being a "hero" and dying a team can still easily win the match when the others work together.
TopDawg
Community Member

Postby TopDawg » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:18 pm

or like today I went to A followed by a BB and 2 Cruisers, ( was in a cruiser too) we meet 3 enemy cruisers coming to A as well. I thought well at least we out number them and have a BB to support us. So I went and engaged them and after a wile realized I was on my own my "team mates" had turned round and fled and left me to die I could not escape 3 firing on me at once and died. That is the sort of thing I hate

bjens

Postby bjens » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:09 pm

Better "point defense" mechanism, as in much better defense rewards and mechanics which add points somehow for teamplay while simultaniously defending your cap or adding pressure on enemy cap. Like as an example, just sitting on a cap which belongs to the enemy could generate extra points for you over time just because you're denying extra victory points as long as the point is contested.

Then you could get +points for kills from within your own cap/enemy cap. Aggressive defense reward, goal-on-the-enemys-half award, and rewards for focus firing after someone tag a target etc etc...

And lastly the things they are already planning to implement, varying degrees of cap intensity or points based on how close to center you are... force those IJN bbs to get dirty rather than just row around on the outskirts of the map sniping :)
TopDawg
Community Member

Postby TopDawg » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:10 pm

Like it.....
Dire wolf-Warg

Postby Dire wolf-Warg » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:31 am

The only way to increase teamwork in random battles is to communicate early and often. Ask your team to do something with courtesy and you just might be surprised by some cooperative play. If you don't ask, you'll get nothing. Granted, you still might get nothing. Do try to use battle chat to encourage each other. Complaining about or insulting your team rarely produces positive results. Have a good game and a glorious death.

Return to “General Discussion”